PACIFIC NORTHWEST CRAB CAKE SANDWICH with Avocado Cilantro Aioli
recipe by Urban Bliss Life
Makes 4 servings
Crab Cake Ingredients
- 1-1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 12 ounces Dungeness crab meat (or other crab meat)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onions
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Avocado Cilantro Aioli Ingredients
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 roughly chopped avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional sandwich fixings: lettuce leaves, tomato slices, pickles
Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
Place panko breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and paprika in a shallow bowl. Mix ingredients and set aside.
In a separate, large bowl, mix together crab meat, egg, mayonnaise, red onions, celery, chives, mustard, and lemon juice.
Form four round patties about an inch thick and approximately 4 to 4-1/2 inches wide; patties should be just wide enough to fit into one of the Franz Hamburger Buns.
Gently coat each patty into the seasoned panko breadcrumb mixture. Press the breadcrumbs gently against the crab cake patties to ensure the coating stays.
Place crab cake patties a few inches apart on a greased baking sheet, and cook at 475 degrees for 15-18 minutes. Crab cakes should be slightly golden on the outside when done.
Remove from the oven and use a wide spatula to gently lift each crab cake patty from the baking sheet and onto the bottom half of one of the hamburger buns.
Top with avocado cilantro aioli, and any additional sandwich fixings you desire.
Make the Avocado Cilantro Aioli
Puree all ingredients in a standing blender or in a bowl using an immersion (hand) blender. Puree until smooth.
Immediately refrigerate any remaining aioli in an airtight jar. Keep refrigerated for up to two days.