CHORIZO AND PEPPER PANINI SANDWICHES
recipe by Urban Bliss Life
Makes 4 servings
- 8 slices Franz Gluten Free Great Seed Bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red pepper
- ½ cup sliced onions
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 16 slices Chorizo (usually found in your grocery store’s deli department)
- 8 ounces Queso fresco cheese, sliced thinly into 6 slices (can substitute with mozzarella if you can’t find Queso)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro (can substitute with parsley)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet or sauté pan.
- Once the pan is hot, add red pepper slices and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring to ensure even cooking.
- Add onions and garlic to the pan and sauté for 1-2 minutes, just until the onions are soft. Remove from heat.
- Using the other two tablespoons of olive oil, lightly and evenly oil one side of each of the slices of Franz Gluten Free Great Seed bread. Place oiled side down onto a plate.
- Set four slices aside to use as the sandwich tops. Onto the remaining four slices of bread, top each evenly with 4 slices of Chorizo.
- Add two thin slices of Queso fresco cheese evenly over the Chorizo.
- Top each sandwich filling with an even amount of sliced red peppers, onions, and minced garlic.
- Sprinkle chopped cilantro (or parsley) on top of each.
- Then use the remaining slices of bread to top each sandwich.
- Heat a Panini press or grill pan and grill each sandwich until the cheese has melted slightly, about 4-5 minutes in a Panini press or 5-6 minutes (2-3 minutes each side) on a hot grill pan.
- Remove, slice each sandwich in half, and enjoy immediately.