CLASSIC CHICKEN SALAD SANDWICH
recipe by Urban Bliss Life
Makes 4 servings
- 8 slices of Franz Mountain White Gluten Free Bread
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast halves or tenderloins
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cup mayonnaise, plus 4 tablespoons
- ½ cup finely chopped green apples
- ¾ cup finely chopped celery
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Optional sandwich add-ins: fresh radish microgreens (pictured here); slices of lettuce, tomato, radish, and/or cucumber.
- Add chicken to a large stockpot of salted, boiling water. Reduce heat to medium and simmer chicken at a low boil for 10-12 minutes, or until it is cooked through. Remove from water and place on a plate to cool. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together ½ cup mayonnaise, green apples, celery, red onion, tarragon, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Cut the chicken into small cubes and stir into the mayonnaise mixture until the chicken is well coated. Season with salt and pepper to taste. At this point, you can cover the bowl and refrigerate the chicken salad for up to four hours.
- When you are ready to assemble the sandwiches, lay out 8 slices of Franz Bakery White Mountain Gluten Free Bread.
- Spread remaining 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise evenly on each slice, approximately ½ tablespoon per slice.
- Top 4 of the slices with a scoop of the chicken salad mixture.
- Place any of your preferred optional sandwich add-ins on top of the chicken salad (we topped ours with radish microgreens, as pictured here).
- Top each with the remaining slices of bread.
- To serve as regular sandwiches: slice in half and serve. To serve as tea sandwiches, cut off crust and cut into halves or quarters, then serve.