SUMMER SHRIMP ROLLS
recipe by Urban Bliss Life
Makes 4-8 servings
- 4 Franz Bakery Gluten Free Hot Dog Buns
- 1 pound shrimp
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Optional: melted butter, finely chopped chives or dill, additional lemon juice
- Bring salted water to a boil in a large pot. Add shrimp and cook for about 2-3 minutes, just until the shrimp is cooked.
- Drain water and rinse shrimp under cold water for just about 30 seconds to stop the cooking. Dry the shrimp on a layer of paper towels and then chop up the shrimp into small pieces. Place into a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, celery, dill, lemon zest, lemon juice, paprika, and garlic.
- Add chopped shrimp to the bowl and stir until well coated with the mayonnaise mixture. Salt and pepper to taste, as needed.
- Fill each hot dog bun with an equal amount of shrimp mixture. If you prefer, you may toast or grill lightly buttered hot dog buns before filling. Serve as whole summer shrimp rolls for a main entree, or you may slice each in half if serving as part of a larger potluck or picnic.
- Optional toppings: add a tablespoon of melted butter, a squeeze of lemon juice, or sprinkle with finely chopped chives or dill on top of each summer shrimp roll before serving.
- Serve immediately.