recipe by Urban Bliss Life
- 9 slices Franz Butter Bread
- 1 cup brewed coffee, cooled to room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 16 ounces of mascarpone cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Approximately ¼ – ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 can whipping cream
- Cocoa powder
- Cut bread into small squares or rectangles. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, or a measuring cup with a spout, combine the coffee and vanilla, and stir. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer or a large bowl using a hand mixer, mix together mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Set aside.
Assemble the parfaits:
- Set out six parfait glasses or six 6-8 ounce juice glasses.
- Place one layer of bread pieces on the bottom of each glass, allowing bread to overlap in order to cover the bottom of the glass.
- Slowly pour about 1 tablespoon or more of the coffee mixture over each. You want to make sure the coffee mixture touches all of the bread pieces without completely soaking the bottom layer.
- Spread about 2-3 tablespoons of the mascarpone mixture evenly over the coffee-soaked bread layer, so that it covers the bread.
- Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon of mini chocolate chips over the mascarpone layer.
- Repeat first three layers – bread, coffee, mascarpone – one more time.
- Top each parfait with whipped cream, a small sprinkle of sifted cocoa powder and some mini chocolate chips.