Franz Bakery is very thankful for our customers and has always been active in giving back to the communities we serve through local charities, organizations, and special events. While Franz celebrates over 110 years of baking, the Franz Bakery Foundation is relatively new, founded by an all-volunteer board in 2015. The Franz Bakery Foundation believes that local organizations can make a positive, impactful difference in their communities.
Our Mission: To support families, youth development and hunger reduction in areas that Franz and our family of bakeries serve.
The most effective way for the Foundation to support our communities is by giving grants to registered charitable organizations (501c3 tax-exempt nonprofits), that share our mission. The Foundation gave $25,000 in its’ inaugural year. In 2017, the Foundation donated nearly $50,000 and this year we hope to give $75,000. Our average grant is $2,500.
The Franz Bakery Foundation accepts applications for grants on a yearly basis starting January 1st and ending November 30th. We typically give out grants in the Spring and early December. Organizations are able to reapply year after year. If you are selected to receive a grant, you will be contacted by email from the Foundation. A check usually follows within four weeks.
Eligibility of Organization
To be eligible for a grant your organization must:
- A 501c3 tax exempt nonprofit – documentation is required for proof of tax exempt status
- Be located in an area that Franz services: Alaska, Washington, Idaho, Oregon, Utah, Wyoming, Montana or California.
- Support families, youth development and/or hunger reduction.
Among other particulars you will need to share the objectives for the grant, how the project will be sustained after the grant money is spent and within six months of receiving the grant, be willing to provide the Foundation with a follow up on how the grant achieved your objective.
The Franz Bakery Foundation is proud to support the many organizations that are doing so much to assist our neighbors and communities!
Please send questions to Franz.Foundation@usbakery.com
See Grants in Action for a real life success story.
We do not make donations toward the following:
- Capital campaigns
- Travel expenses
- Projects of sectarian or religious organizations whose principal benefit is for their own members or adherents.
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religion, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Third-party giving (when an organization requests funds from Franz Bakery and then donates those funds to another organization.)
Grant Donation Request
Thank you for your submission. Submissions are reviewed annually, you may re-apply January 1st.