This policy shall be made readily accessible to any applicant who wishes to see it before completing an application.
1. PURPOSE Franz Family Bakeries will only use information obtained through an initial application or selection process to determine whether an applicant should be hired. No personally identifiable information provided will be used for marketing or profiling or be resold to any other entity.
2. REFERENCE Utah H.B. 206 Employment Selection Procedures Act, 2009
3. INFORMATION COLLECTED Franz Family Bakeries will not request information that does not pertain to the bona fide occupational qualifications of the advertised position prior to offering a position to a candidate. Franz Family Bakeries will not request Social Security number, date of birth, or driver license number unless the applicant is offered a position for which the applicant is applying, and if the information is required for benefits reasons or for background checks relating to the position. Application data will be retained electronically and will not be made available to anyone except: (1) a government official, at the request of the government official; (2) for performance review purposes of hired applicants;
4. CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY Franz Family Bakeries exercises great care to protect your personally identifiable information. This includes, among other things, using industry standard techniques such as firewalls, encryption, intrusion detection and site monitoring. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from us. We have no way of protecting that information until it reaches us. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our servers. Internally, we treat all applications as confidential and will restrict access to your personally identifiable information to employees who need access to the information in order to do their jobs. These employees are limited in number, and are committed to our privacy policies. We will review our security arrangements from time to time as we deem appropriate.
5. RETENTION AND DESTRUCTION OF APPLICANT DATA Franz Family Bakeries will not retain applicant information for more than two years if the applicant is not hired for the position advertised, unless otherwise required or allowed by law.
6. INVESTIGATION INTO ALLEGED VIOLATION The Utah Labor Commission’s Division of Antidiscrimination and Labor has the authority to investigate any alleged violations.